Monday, October 12, 2009

Christopher Creek

We went Christopher Creek with Derek's family for the weekend and had a really great time. It has been over a year since we have had any sort of vacation and it was very much needed, even if it was only a few days. Two or three months ago I would not even consider venturing with Grant hours away from a large hospital; it was pretty amazing how comfortable I felt traveling with him. It really shows how far he has come in the past months. Cole was looking forward to going to "the woods" and was asking for weeks in advance about all the animals we would see. I am embarrased to say that our poor boy had yet to visit a forest, and he was so excited to spend some time with the primos (aka his cousins Dakota and Caden) and to go fishing for the first time. I was suprised by how much Cole enjoyed fishing, and was very good at casting his own line. It was freezing cold at the lake and we didn't catch a fish, but it was still a great experience. Cole is looking forward to fishing again.

No comments: