Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Lepetich Zoo

My parents have one of the craziest, most fun houses ever for kids. I loved growing up there, and I am so glad that my kids can spend so much time there as well. It is one of Cole's absolute favorite places to be, and I can't blame him. It is so fun for him to have so much space and be surrounded by so many animals. The newest addition to my parent's menagerie is a ball python who Cole absolutely loves. I was suprised that Cole wasn't scared of the snake-he loves it and wants to take it home. I might consider if it just didn't eat cute little mice; I would want to rescue them all. Grant doesn't care about the snake; he loves to sit on the pasture fence while the horses sniff his toes, and he also loves the rabbits. Yesterday Grant was being suprisingly gentle with the rabbits and was petting them very softly-that is until he picked one up by the ear. Poor little bunny! They really are super sweet rabbits. The grandkids even have their own miniature horse named Dax. They can ride him and he also pulls a cart. Lately, Cole has really enjoyed riding, and I have been impressed by his good balance even when bareback. Before I had kids, horses were my life and I am excited that Cole is getting to an age where I can start to teach him to ride. Grant has taken a couple of laps on the pony as well and does pretty well with support.




.

1 comment:

The Wylers said...

Wow, you've been busy posting! I'm so glad that Grant's bout with RSV wasn't too serious. Thank goodness for all the precautions you've been taking. And as far as this new animal, I think I'd stick with the bunnies and horses. :) Glad your boys are fearless though. It looks like you guys have been having tons of fun lately! It's crazy how much Cole looks like you and Grant looks like your hubby. They are both so cute.