Tuesday, June 9, 2009


Saturday was a major milestone in Grant's life-his first trip (of hundreds to come) to the zoo. The weather was so beautiful Saturday morning, and Cole was so excited to get back to his old stomping ground.
Cole is really into maps right now, so of course he led the way along his favorite route. Cole had a blast at the new splash pad, but his favorite part was playing at the treehouse and the little stream that runs underneath. Cole spent quite a while carefully constructing a dam out of rocks and bark. Grant was such a good boy, he slept in his stroller for a bit, then he was content just to look around as Derek carried him. Cole had such a good time, and it was so nice to get outside and enjoy some of the last mild days before summer fully hits.


Saturday night it was still so perfect outside we decided to take the boys to the drive-in to see "Up". Its been years since I have gone to the drive-in, and we were totally shocked with how crazy busy it was. We waited in our car in line for 45minutes and pulled in to our spot as the movie was starting.I was busy inflating the air mattress and getting set up so I missed the first 20min or so, which I hear is the best part of the movie. It was fun lounging in the back of the truck and the night was absolutely gorgeous-perfect temperature with a cool breeze, but I was disappointed with the movie. If I had gone without Cole, I bet I would have loved it, but it definitely isn't geared towards young children. I left frustrated with Disney-when are they finally going make another movie like the older classics that parents and kids both can enjoy. It was still a nice night, and I am going to have to see the entire movie again sans kids.

No comments: