Sunday, May 31, 2009

Good News!

We had some good news this week from some of Grant's doctors and therapists. We finally heard back about Grant's overnight oximetry and were officially told that he only has to wear his oxygen at night when he is sleeping. That was good to hear, especially because I had already been taking him off during the day after I saw how good his saturations were during the overnight testing. It is so nice to have him more easily portable! We also got his lab results back and his bilirubin and liver functions were completely normal so he can quit his medications to help lower his levels-one less thing to worry about! His speech therapist is pleased with how well he is eating and she doesn't think he needs further therapy. His swallow studies were completely normal; they saw no signs of aspiration even on thin liquids (Grant's are thickened for his reflux) which is a huge relief. Also we saw his occupational therapist who was pleased so far with how he is developing. He said that Grant is right on where he should be for his adjusted age in terms of his head, hand and arm control. That was really good to hear. I am a little worried because he said his legs are maybe a bit stiff, but we will wait to see what the physical therapist says. Everyday he looks bigger to us-I hope he continues to do so well!

2 comments:

James, Sarah, Cameron and baby Paige said...

Yay baby Grant!! That's great Ash!

Melissa said...

Oh Muffy!!! It's so good to finally see and hear all about Grant. I can't tell you how much I have thought of you and have prayed for your family since seeing you in December. I wish so much that I could have been there for you, but I know you have the greatest family ever so I'm sure you have been helped out so much. Grant is so darling - you have such an amazing attitude about it all. I'm so happy that he is doing well, and I hope that it will all get easier for both Grant and you! Happy Bday to Cole... I'm sure Noah and him would make such great friends if we lived by one another. We miss you guys!