Cole had a very exciting, action packed spring break this year. I had six days off in a row so we were able to spend a lot of time together as a family. We went sledding in Flagstaff, went to the Wildlife World Zoo (I can't believe I forgot my camera), saw our first spring training game, saw Alvin and the Chipmunks, and went to all of Cole's favorite parks. It was such a fun week, I wish I could be home with my boy's all of the time.
Our first spring break outing was a day sledding trip to Flagstaff. Cole hadn't been to the snow since he was about a year old, and he was so excited. Cole thought the drive to Flagstaff was the longest ever, and he started asking if we were there yet before we even left the city. When we finally saw patches of snow right outside of Flagstaff, Cole was so excited and wanted us to pull over immediately so he could touch it. It was torture for him to see the snow but not be in it; he begged us the entire rest of the way to just pull over for a few minutes. When we finally got the the sledding area, Cole was so excited- He even announced that it was better than Disneyland. Except for some bibs, we really didn't have any snow gear and I didn't want to buy some for just one day, so we layered the boys in a ridiculous amount of clothes. I think poor Grant had on three layers of warm footie jammies and then a thermal and pants over it; its a wonder that they could still move. Cole had more fun than I would have even imagined. He was pretty fearless down the hills and loved rolling and jumping in the snow, making snow angels, and pelting Derek with snowballs. Grant wasn't a big fan of crawling in the cold snow-too cold for his liking. Derek took him down one hill, but most of the time I lugged him around in the stroller and he was a pretty complacent spectator. Since we got such a late start we were only able to stay for a few hours, but Cole was wasted by the end of the day so it was perfect. We are definitely going to be taking frequent snow trips next winter, it was an absolute blast.
Snowball Fight
Too Cold!
My Boys