Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I did it!!

Cole totally amazed me today and passed the intermediate survival level in swim lessons. I was not even prepared with my camera, so unlike me, because I thought this would not happen for months. Since he passed the beginning level last month, he has cried from the moment he wakes up on swim lesson day until he gets into the pool. It broke my heart and I was contemplating just quitting. He would lay on his bed and just sob because he was scared. He even had a screaming breakdown two weeks ago when it was time to get into the pool. He just had this terrible anxiety about jumping into the pool, which is a major part of this level. He even took to making up silly excuses for not jumping in, like last week he faked a cough and said he couldn't jump in because he had a cough in his throat. I guess today everything just clicked because he just jumped right in and turned around and swam to the side, and then when it was time he jumped in and went right over to "airplane" and just floated. After the drama of the last month, I was so proud of him I almost cried, pregnancy hormones wrecking havock. Now he is a Bronze Jr, and the goal is to teach him to swim the length of the pool by himself, and he will have to pass it off totally clothed. I was so proud of my little guy today!

No comments: