Friday, July 11, 2008

New Beginnings


Growing up in Young Women's we would have "new beginnings" every year, and I think today counts as a very important new beginning for our family and an exciting day for Derek; it was his last day of work at Dressler Courier. Derek has been driving all over the valley, racking up countless miles on our poor car for almost three years now, and it is definitely time to move on. I think he is most excited about never having to wear the uniform again (it is a cross between a pro bowler and a Bashas employee:). He is in total vacation mode since tomorrow we are heading to Mission Beach, so I think the reality of moving across the country to start law school hasn't sunk in completely. It's kind of a bittersweet day for me since now I will have to increase my hours at work, but there's an end in sight...three years down the road. I think it is going to be a very busy and exciting year for our family.

1 comment:

The Regimballe Family said...

Hey Ashley! It's Merri-I used to work with you in L&D. It's great to see your cute fam and that you're all doing well. Congrats on Derek getting into law school too! Send me an email at nursemerri@cox.net and i'll send you an invite to my blog. Tell Mitch & Lexie hi-I haven't seen them since they took my PNC!