Sunday, July 27, 2008

New Goggles


Cole was so excited this week to get his first pair of goggles. He can't wear them yet in swimming lessons, but he loves to wear them when we are out swimming. He loves to look underwater with them and make faces at his daddy. He feels like such a "big boy" and looks pretty cute too! Yesterday he put them on himself before we even left to go swimming and wore them around the house. They were upside down and the strap was partly on top of his head, but he was very proud of the accomplishment. He is trying to be more daring in the pool, but he is still a bit timid. He loves to jump onto the steps and stay underwater for awhile now blowing bubbles, but he is still scared of being alone on the noodle and doesn't do "airplane" yet by himself. I think he can totally do it, but he likes the security of us holding on. Yesterday he started doing airplane with me just holding his earlobes, so pretty close to doing it by himself and I was very proud of him. I know once he learns to trust the water he will start being more confident, but I think he is doing great for now.

No comments: